What it is and what it is for
The Superlight Blockboard has a low specific weight (300 kg/m³), external faces in rotary cut Fromager veneer and core in Albasia, a very light wood.
- extremely low density: 40% lighter than the Okoumè plywood and 25% than Poplar plywood
- excellent dimensional stability
the Superlight Blockboard is very much appreciated in the manufacturing of furniture and furnishing pieces.
It is used for doors, doorposts, shelves and common joinery.
Moreover, it is widely used in the production of cabinets'doors for which a very good flatness is required.
The Superlight Blockboard can be manufactured in different compositions and thickness for the construction of doors on board, both raw and already veneered.
- dimensional stability
- easy processing (cutting, plating, varnishing)
- easier edge banding compared to honeycomb core panels
- higher screw holding compared to sandwich panels with core in rubber/cork/polypropylene
Gluing meets the EN314-1:2004 Class 3 standards and is classified to zero issue of formaldehyde (Test Report No.188766/1 according to EN717-2:1994 standards).